1. Two holy places of Islam in Saudi Arabia are Mecca and Medina, Non-Muslims are prohibited from getting there.
2. In Saudi Arabia, women are banned from driving since 2011, women can’t vote or run in the local elections until 2015.
3. Interestingly, sorcery or magic is banned in Saudi Arabia, there is a special a police department constituted to catch those witches. And that’s why Harry Potter is banned in Saudi Arabia.
4. A liter of oil is even cheaper than a liter of potable water in Saudi Arabia.
5. Saudi Arabia has no perennial lakes or rivers, most rivers are ephemeral or intermittent, but Saudi Arabia produces the most amount of desalinated water in the world, 46% of its domestic water is desalinated water.
6. Saudi Arabia provides free public health care and free public schools.