7. The orchid Rhyncholaelia digbyana is the national flower of Honduras.
8. Copan Mayan Ruins are one of the most popular tourist attractions of Honduras, and one of the most important places for the mayan culture, there are imposing buildings and fully intact hieroglyphs there. Copan is the oldest and the largest ancient city in Honduras, it preserved Mayan pyramid which is the representative of the Mayan civilization.
9. Hondurans are often referred to as Catrachos/Catrachas by other Central Americans.
10. Honduras is one of the poorest countries in the western hemisphere, about 53% of people live below the poverty line in the country.
11. The football war was broken out between El Salvador and Honduras in 1969.
12. Over 93% of the Honduras’ population is mestizos of European ancestry.
Related Video: The battle between Maras gangs in Honduras