1. Honduras is known as the “Banana Republic”, because it is major banana-producing country in the world.
2. The Honduras was discovered by Christopher Columbus. The first words he said when he landed in Honduras were “Thank God we found these great depths”. The word Honduras means “Great Depths”.
3. The capital of Honduras is made up of two cities, Comayagüela and Tegucigalpa.
4. Comayagua has one of the oldest clocks in the world.
5. Platano Forest was nominated as one of the New Seven Wonders of the World.
6. Scarlet Macaw is the national bird of Honduras.