Since ancient times, gold is the symbol of wealth, people are always fascinated with it. Let’s find these interesting gold facts.
1. The word “gold” derives from “Gelo” which is an old English word, means yellow.
2. Gold is very soft by comparison with other metals, it even can be made into embroidery thread.
3. The first gold vending machine was located in the Emirates Palace Hotel in Abu Dhabi in 2010. Now Gold vending machine has been introduced into Britain, the United States, Germany and several other countries.
4. Gold can be eaten, it is real. The edible gold is made of high purity gold, just put it in food or beverages then you can eat. Attention! Not all gold can be eaten, and don’t have a try, you can buy more beef at the same cost.
5. Gold has medicinal value, for example injection of liquid gold can relieve the pain of rheumatoid arthritis. Obviously, it can’t be widely popularized.
6. The Earth’s oceans contain the vast quantities of gold, nearly 20 million tons, but the concentration is very low, so it’s difficult to exploit. The Earth core even has 1.6 quadrillion tons of gold, exploiting them is impossible.