Chocolate is one of the most popular snacks in the world, all Americans can eat 100 pounds chocolate per second, did you know these amusing chocolate facts?
1.“Chocolate” is derived from “Xocolatl”, which is an Aztec word meaning “bitter water”, ironically.
2. The biggest chocolate bar weighed 5,792.50 kg, made by Thorntons which is a UK chocolate company. It had set a Guinness World Record in 2011.
3. Serve champagne with dark chocolate can create the best taste, because dark chocolate can neutralize the tart flavour of the champagne. Chocolate is also red wine’s perfect match.
4. Cacao trees can live for more than two hundred years, but their economic lifetime can last only about twenty-five years, it means they can only produce high-quality chocolate for 25 years.
5. Most cacao trees start to bear fruit in the fifth year, according to statistics, a cacao tree only grows 2,500 or 3,000 beans a year, which is only about 1-2 kg of dry cocoa beans.
6. Milk chocolate was invented by Daniel Peter in Switzerland in 1875, the first milk chocolate was produced by Nestle, Henri Nestlé made Daniel Peter’s idea become reality.