1. On April 1, 2001, gay marriage became legal in Netherlands, it is the first country allowing same-sex marriages.
2. On May 17, 2004, Massachusetts took a new step forward, became the first state in the United States to ratify the legality of gay marriage.
3. In 1998, Alaska and Hawaii banned gay marriage, they are the first two states to do so for the year.
4. On May 9, 2012, Obama became the first U.S. President who openly supported the legalization of gay marriage.
5. By 19 August 2013, there are 16 countries, parts of Mexico and some states of the United States recognizing gay marriage by legislation. These countries are Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Canada, South Africa, Norway, Sweden, Portugal, Iceland, Argentina, Denmark, Uruguay, New Zealand, France, Brazil, the United Kingdom.
6. A recently Gallup survey shows 53 Americans support gay marriage and it was 27% in 1996. BTW, 91% Americans hate cheaters.