Interesting facts about endocrine system
13. There are more than 30 hormones produced by human body.
14. The endocrine system controls and adjusts nearly all human body’s functions.
15. Hypothalamic hormones control the feelings of hunger, thirst, body temperature and fatigue.
16. Thyroid hormones control the rate of the oxygen and the energy you need to consume.
17. The endocrine system and the nervous system are complementary to each other, they work together to maintain the stabilization of human body.
18. The hormone produced by the pineal gland is called melatonin, which can influence the body’s sleep.
19. In 1921, pharmacologist Otto Loewi first discovered neurohormones.
20. Endocrine dysfunction will seriously affect the human body’s health.
21. In 1923, Frederick Banting and John Macleod discovered insulin together, which brought them the Nobel Prize in Medicine.