Germany is Europe’s largest economy, it’s famous for beer, car and manufacturing industries, here is 14 interesting facts about Germany
1. According to 2012 estimate, the population of Germany is about 82,020,578. Besides Russia, it is the most populous country in Europe.
2. Germany is located in central Europe, lies on the east of Poland and Czech Republic, south of Austria and Switzerland, west of Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, north of Denmark, it is the country in Europe which has the most neighboring countries.
3. Germany was also known as the Holy Roman Empire from AD 962 to 1806, the Kingdom of Prussia between 17th century and the 19th century, and the WeimarRepublic from 1919 to 1933 in German’s historical perspective.
4. The Gutenberg Bible was the world’s first movable-type printing book, made by a German Gutenberg in 1454.
5. In 1922, German Hans Riegel invented the gummy bear. Gummy bears became famous throughout the world in 1967.
6. Oktoberfest comes from Germany. In October 1810, this big celebration was held for Prince Ludwig of Bavaria and Princess Therese’s wedding. Since then, Oktoberfest was retained as a traditional festival. Germany has more than 1,300 Beer Breweries, it is one of the world’s largest beer producer, also the world’s biggest beer consumer after the Irish. Beer is also considered a food in Bavaria officially.
7. New Swan Stone Castle is the symbol of Germany, Germany has more than 150 castles. There is no country in the world has so many castles.