10. The greatest invention in human history – toilet paper was invented in NYC by Joseph C. Gayetty.
11. Walmart is the largest retailer in the world, and New York is America’s largest retail market, but Walmart had never opened a shop in New York, this may sound strange.
12. On October 28, 1886, a gift from France – the Statue of Liberty stood in New York Harbor.
13. PONY is the classic sports brand in the United States, it is also the representative product of New York, created by Roberto Mueller in Brooklyn in New York City in 1972.
14. The taxi of the New York City is famous around the world for its eye-catching yellow hue. It all stemmed from John Hertz the man who founded Yellow Cab Company, he had read a study at University of Chicago, and the research result showed that yellow was the most eye-catching colors.
15. According to statistics, New York City’s crime rate is the lowest in the 25 largest cities of America since 2005, it is appraised as one of the safest big cities in the USA.
16. The subway system in New York is one of the largest mass transit systems in the world, it has 5.5 million rides on weekdays, 468 stations and 1355 kilometers of track. It opened in 1904.
17. The Central Park in New York attracts as many as 25 million tourists every year, it is the most famous work of American landscape architect Frederick Law Olmsted, it is also one of the most famous city park in the world. It opened in 1857.
18. There are 4000 street food vendors and 20,000 restaurants permitted by the government in New York City. You can eat at different restaurants every night for 54 years, you don’t need to visit same place twice.