1. Although France is only the size of Texas, it has seven mountain ranges and five major river systems.
2. There is a Victor Hugo street in every town in France.
3. France is the most visited country in the world, with over 80 million visitors every year.
4. The world – renowned Statue of Liberty was made in France. It was a gift France sent to America in 1886 to celebrate its centennial, built by French sculptor Andre Bartoldi. In fact, the sculptor used Eugene Boyer’s face as the model of the statue, she was the wife of Isaac Singer who was a famous sewing machine manufacturer.
5. France is the birthplace of the gothic art and the Baroque style of architecture.
6. According to 2003 Durex Global Sex Survey, French are the people who have sex the most often in a year.
7. Typical French bread “boulangerie” (bakery) you can buy is mostly bread sticks or white wheat bread, called “baguette”.
8. France has the highest tax on wealth in Europe.
9. Iris is the national flower of France.
10. The population of France is the world’s largest consumer of psychotropic drugs.