Interesting facts about Egypt
14. Approximately 90% of Egyptians are Muslim (primarily Sunni), 9% are Coptic, and 1% is Christian.
15. Egypt is a very dry country. The Sahara and Libyan Desert make up most of the area of Egypt. On average, only an inch of rain falls in Egypt per year.
16. What weird is no matter Egyptian men or women, they both wore makeup. They usually use green or black eye-paint which was made from copper or lead. They believed makeup would bring them magical good luck and they also found it could protect from the sun.
17. The great Ancient Egyptians have invented lots of practical things such like pen and paper, locks and keys, Ancient Egyptians were also cleanly, they invented toothpaste !
18. Study shows that Some ancient Egyptians used to sleep on stone pillows.
19. In order to keep away from noisy flies, Pepi II of Egypt often took several naked slaves with him anywhere, these slaves were smeared with honey.
20. Egyptians invented the 365 days calendar.
21. Two of the top products of ancient Egypt were bread and beer.
23. Anubis, a very popular death god coming from Ancient Egypt mythology, was described a strong human with a jackal head. They trusted that death and jackal have some mystical relevance because jackals were always trying to dig up graveyards and eat the bodies.
24. Cats were considered sacred in Ancient Egypt.
25. Ancient Egyptians built a lot of wonders. They built many religious structures all along the Nile valley, most of them have been patronized by the rulers.
26. In any greeting between men and women, if the woman doesn’t extend her hand on her own initiative. The man should not extend his hand but should bow his head in greeting.
27. Due to pyramid and other ancient wonders, Egypt becomes one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, it attracts around 10 million visitors per year.