1. Mexican dish is one of the world-renowned cuisines. Enchiladas, tacos and burritos are all its popular dishes.
2. Mexico is the world’s largest salt producers.
3. Jaguar is North America’s largest wildcat, it can be found in Mexico’s southern jungles.
4. In Mexico, there is a tree called the Kapoc that produces cotton like balls.
5. The poinsettia is named after the first American ambassador to Mexico
6. Chocolate was introduced to the world by Mexicans.
7. The Chihuahua is the world’s smallest dog and is named for a Mexican state.
8. Mexico City is the oldest city in the Western Hemisphere, also one of the largest cities in the world, it has the highest elevation, an altitude of 2,240 metres.
9. The Chichen Itza Pyramid in Mexico was named one of the new Seven Wonders of the World.
10. The Mayans have an unusual custom of using a hornet bomb, which is in fact throwing a hornet nest at your enemy!