1. Japan is known as the “Land of The Rising Sun.” Because ancient Japanese thought there was no land anymore on their east.
2. Karoshi is a Japanese word, it means “death from overwork”.
3. Japanese people’s life expectancy is 4 years longer than Americans. It also has the health island with the longest-lived people in the world.
4. Japan has many different forms of martial arts, including Judo, Karate, Ninjutsu, Sumo, Aikido, Jujutsu and Kendo.
5. Japan’s crime rate is the lowest in the world, but criminal syndicate(gangs) is legal in Japan.
6. Japan’s literacy rate is almost 100%.
7. Slice the raw horse meat thinly and eating raw is called basashi, which is a popular Japanese food.
8. 80 years old Japanese elderly man Mr. Yuichiro Miura is the oldest climber who made three times successful ascent of Mount Everest, the previous two were at the ages of 70 and 75.
9. The Japanese think that Americans eat corn and potatoes every day.