1. The earth is the only planet which owns plate tectonics in the Milky Way.
2. In fact, you couldn’t see the Great Wall from outer space, but you can see China’s air pollution!
3. If the earth is narrowed down to the size of a bowling ball, its surface will be smoother than the bowling.
4. Antarctica has as much ice as the Atlantic Ocean has water.
5. Approximately 100 tons of large and small meteorites enter the Earth’s atmosphere from space every day, but they cause little damage to the earth because most of them are burnt away in the atmosphere.
6. Researchers estimate the age of the earth through measuring the oldest rocks and the meteorites on the earth. The age of the earth is 4.54 billion years which is now generally accepted.
7. Stretch your arm and index finger, if the end of your nose represents the beginning of the earth and the fingertip represents the present, the entire history of human is shorter than a knuckle.
8. Earth’s rotation is gradually slowing down, a day on the earth once was 20 hours long millions years ago, so it can be inferred that a day on Earth can be up to 27 hours long millions years later.
9. Earth is the only planet which is not named after the gods or goddesses of Greek and Roman mythology in the solar system.