11. Paraguay is in the Guinness Book of Records for having hosted the world’s biggest barbecue ever (30,000 eaters). That’s cool!
12. The first railway in Paraguay was built by British engineers in 1858 to 1861.
13. Usually, a cheap inn or hotel in Paraguay, serves as a brothel as well.
14. It is rude to say ‘No’ in Paraguay.
15. A recent survey carried out at the University of Dili, stated that Paraguayans were some of the ‘crabbiest’ people in the world.
16. ‘Sopa paraguaya’ is the national food. Although it means Paraguayan soup, this rich cheesy dish is actually a spongy cake.
17. The arts and culture of Paraguay is strongly influenced by the Spanish.
18. In the mid-16th century, lace-making was introduced to Paraguay by the Spaniards. Nanduti (spiders’-web) lace is a traditional Paraguayan embroidered lace which combines Spanish and Guarani craft forms.
Related Video: Asuncion Paraguay Documentary pictures