9. Colombia has a high kidnapping rate, but it was on the decline since 2003.
10. The murder rate in Colombia´s capital city is lower than it is in the USA´s capital city.
11. Colombia has the higher masculinity rankings in South America (64). This indicates the country experiences a higher degree of gender differentiation of roles. The male dominates a significant portion of the society and power structure.
12. Colombian women will often substitute the gesture of holding forearms for a handshake
13. Colombia also has contemporary music performers with international recognition, such as Shakira and Juanes, winners of Grammy awards. Other performers who have achieved international recognition are Fonseca, Fanny Lú and Aterciopelados, among others.
14. Colombia’s tourism has been on the rise since the 1940s. This place is known for certain festivals such as the Festival of Flowers or the Vallenato Lefend Festival that draws hordes of tourists every year.
15. Gifts are given for birthdays and Christmas or the Epiphany (January 6th). In Colombia a girl’s 15th birthday is considered an important milestone.
16. Colombia has the world’s most colorful river. It becomes the attraction of many tourists. You can also find out that Colombia as the tallest mountain in the world located in seaside.
17. Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar could make $20 billion annually, 5% of the cash ($1 billion) would be eaten by rats. Check it out