1. In South America, Colombia is the only country which has a coastline on both the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea.
2. Colombia only has summer; because there is no winter near the equator, it has sunlight throughout the year.
3. You can see fruit and juices venders all over Colombia, especially on the Caribbean coast.
4. According to the World’s Happiest Index, Colombia is considered the happiest country in the world. Colombian ladies are often voted the most beautiful on the planet. Celebrities such as Sofía Vergara, Shakira, and Danna García are all Colombians.
5. The name Colombia has been derived from the name of Christopher Columbus. The name underwent few changes until finally, the Republic of Colombia was adopted in 1886.
6. Colombia has the biggest salsa festival, biggest theater festival, biggest outdoor horse parade, biggest flower parade and second biggest carnival all over the world.
7. Colombia has most species of birds in the world, it is the habitat of more than 1754 species of bird.
8. Like other South American countries, family is given priority in Colombian values. This fact is not weird that the Roman Catholic Church has brought huge influence on Colombian culture.