9. More than 10% of Haitian children die before their fifth birthday.
10. In 1804 in Haiti got its own emperor. He was called Emperor Jean-Jacques Dessalines. He gave the country its present name “Haiti”.
11. Women in this country mostly keep to house making or helping in fields. Very few women are found working in organizations and institutions.
12. Haitian food is often spicy with the use of peppers and chillies. The staple foods of the country are rice and beans. A common dish in Haiti is mais moulu (mayi moulin) and sauce aux pois (sòs pwa), a dish that consists of cornmeal and a mix of beans.
13. The most famous architectural accomplishments are King Henri Christophe’s postindependence San Souci palace, which was almost entirely destroyed by an earthquake in the early 1840s, and his mountaintop fortress, the Citadelle Laferrière, which survives largely intact.
14. Haitians generally eat two meals a day. Fruits are prized as between-meal snacks.
15. Garcelle Beauvais is a Haitian actress and model voted one of the best looking women in the world.
16. Haiti is the first Black Nation which have defeated a European powers in a war; After 14 years’s battle, Haiti defeated the world strongest France army on November 1803 .