1. London has held Summer Olympic Games for three times in 1908, 1948 and 2012 respectively.
2. England is often mistaken for the entire United Kingdom or Great Britain.
3. The world’s shortest war is a war between England and Zanzibar, it broke out on August 27, 1896, lasted for 38 minutes.
4. Windsor Castle is a royal residence in England, it is also the largest and oldest inhabited castle in the world.
5. Shoelaces were invented in England in 1790.
6. Red Lion is the most pub popular name in Britain.
7. The London Eye also known as the Millennium Wheel is the first and also was once the largest observation wheel in the world.