9. El Salvador is also known as the “Land of the Volcanoes”, there are over 20 volcanoes within El Salvador.
10. The Santa Ana volcano is at an altitude of 2,381 meters, it is the highest point in El Salvador.
11. Izalco volcano has the reputation of “lighthouse of El Salvador”, it can direct the course of ships sailing on the Pacific Ocean
12. El Salvadoris the only country with no Caribbean coastline in Central America.
13. Alegria is a small mountain city in El Salvador, it is the floral heart of Salvador, also famous for its handmade craft.
14. The leatherback turtle, the olive ridley, the hawksbill and the green sea turtle are the four species of sea turtle nesting on the coast of El Salvador.
15. Salvadoran women usually don’t shake hands when they meet each other, they often pat each other on the right forearm or shoulder.
Related Video: El Salvador Documentary Film