1. El Salvador is the smallest and the most populated country in Central America.
2. El Salvador is one of the world’s most famous surfing destinations in the Pacific coast
3. Metrocentro Mall the largest shopping center in Central America is located in San Salvador the capital of El Salvador.
4. Coffee is considered an important pillar of the economy.
5. El Salvador is a country with the lowest birth rate in Central American, but also suffers from the highest death rate.
6. El Salvador is one of the countries with the highest murder rate in the world
7. The cell phone density is one of the largest in the world (125 per 100 persons).
8. The football war also known as the 100 Hour War was broken out between El Salvador and Honduras in 1969.