9. In 1919, Afghanistan still had their foreign affairs in trade and things of the sort, ruled by the United Kingdom. However, on August the 8th, Anglo-Afghan war had finished and Afghanistan reclaimed all rights for their independence.
10. The minaret of Jam in Afghanistan is the second tallest minaret in the world.
11. Afghanistan has the second-highest maternal mortality rate in the world. The World Health Organization reports that Afghan women have a life expectancy of 43 years.
12. During the holy month of Ramadan, do not eat, drink, chew gum or listen to music in front of local Afghans. It is considered disrespectful towards them.
13. The role of honour and tribalism has fuelled much of the disharmony in the country’s recent history.
14. Women and men will never shake hands let alone speak directly to one another.
15. Women wearing skirts, sleeveless are strict no-no in Afghanistan.
Related Video: Never Ending War in Afghanistan Full Documentary