15 interesting facts about Afghanistan

Ahmad Shah DURRANI

1. Ahmad Shah DURRANI unified the Pashtun tribes and founded Afghanistan in 1747.

2. Poetry plays an important role in Afghans’ culture for centuries. On every Thursday night, people stay together to share verses from old and new poetry in the city Herat.

Mobile phone in Afghan

3. Mobile phone coverage is expected to reach 90% of the country this year, even though the percentage of Afghans with access to electricity is still one of the lowest in the world.

4.Recently, Afghanistan was found rich in natural resources includes natural gas and oil. It was thought poor in resources before.

Opium in Afghanistan

5. Opium is the fastest and largest growing crop in Afghanistan. Between 80 and 90 per cent of the heroin sold in Europe comes from opium grown in Afghanistan.

6. 99% of the Afghan population is Muslims. The remaining 1% of the population comprises Hindus, Sikhs and Jews.

7. Only 1 in 5 women can read in Afghanistan.

8. Afghan rugs are very popular around the world.

3 thoughts on “15 interesting facts about Afghanistan

  1. · I love that you talk about cooking being a learning experience! Because I am (more often than not) trying out new things, making mistakes and learning from them Thanks for posting the “not so perfect as well” – guess it gives hope to us &#r#20;mo8tals&28221;

  2. I have noticed you don’t monetize your site,
    don’t waste your traffic, you can earn extra cash every month because you’ve got high quality content.
    If you want to know how to make extra bucks, search for:
    Boorfe’s tips best adsense alternative

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *