1. The first official volleyball game was played on July 7, 1896, at Springfield College. So it already has more than 100 years history.
2. Volleyball was first introduced as Olympic sports in Tokyo in 1964.
3. In 1988, the US Men repeated the Gold in the Olympics in Korea.
4. Most people don’t know that volleyball is the second most popular sport world wide today, the first is soccer.
5. Two-person beach volleyball was added to the Olympics in 1996.
6. Most volleyball players jump about 300 times a match. That’s amazing.
7. Volleyball was invented in 1895 by William G. Morgan at the Holyoke, Massachusettes YMCA. Because he thought basketball was too strenuous and violent while volleyball is civilized.