1. Gold and cocoa are considered a mainstay of economy in Ghana.
2. The name Ghana means warrior king and harks back to the days of the Ghana Empire between the 9th and 13th centuries.
3. Someone says Ghana Giant snails taste like extract of old sock.
4. From 1863 till 1957, Ghana remained a British colony and was known by the name of Gold Coast.
5. Apart from Gold, Ghana is rich in timber, bauxite, manganese, rubber and industrial diamonds.
6. Mole National Park is Ghana’s largest wildlife park and offers a chance for a walking safari. Elephants and lions have been reintroduced recently.
7. Most Ghana women have wigs or wigs extensions! And girls in school are not allowed wearing ‘rasta’ hair.