8. The most popular sport in Cuba is not football but baseball, its baseball team is one of the world’s strongest team.
9. Varadero beaches in Cuba are one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. It was declared one of the world’s most pristine beaches in 1992.
10. Cuba has practically no crime.
11. Cuba has many different styles of music including rumba, the cha-cha-cha, salsa and mamba, rumba music originated from Cuba.
12. Common spices used in Cuban cooking are cumin, garlic, oregano and bay laurel leaves.
13. Bacardi Rum was born in Santiago de Cuba on 4 Feb 1862.
14. Cuba comprises of more than 4,000 islands and cays.
Related Video: John Stossel questions Michael Moore on Cuban Health Care