1. More than 90% of the country is desert or semi desert.
2. Women in the country have absolutely no rights. Their only role is to clean, cook and give birth to children.
3. It is illegal to consume alcohol in Libya.
4. Horse races are popular in Libya, and they are a part of some traditional celebrations. Car racing is also very popular. At one time, Tripoli was a stop on the Grand Prix tour.
5. The oil sector has dominated the Libyan economy and continues to do so. 97% of exports are accounted for by this sector.
6. The U.S. rescinded Libya’s designation as a state sponsor of terrorism in June 2006.
7. They eat food imported mostly from other countries because Libya is covered in desert with little rainfall and food cannot grow in the desert.
8. There are no electricity bills to be paid in Libya; electricity is free for Libyans.
9. Libya is slightly larger than Alaska and is the fourth largest country in Africa.
10. If a man must give a gift to a woman, he should say that it is from his wife, mother, sister, or some other female relation.